The tapping points, in sequence, are as follows:
- top of the head (TOH) — directly in the center of the top of the head
- beginning of the eyebrow (EB) — the beginning of the brow, just above and to the side of the nose
- side of the eye (SE) — on the bone at the outside corner of the eye
- under the eye (UE) — on the bone under the eye, approximately 1 inch (in) below the pupil
- under the nose (UN) — the point between the nose and upper lip
- chin point (CH) — halfway between the underside of the lower lip and the bottom of the chin
- beginning of the collarbone (CB) — the point where the breastbone (sternum), collarbone, and first rib intersect
- under the arm (UA) — at the side of the body, approximately 4 in below the armpit
When tapping, use two or more fingertips and repeat the tap approximately five times on each point.
While some points — for example, the EB, SE, and UE — have a “twin point” on the other side of the body, it is only necessary to tap on one side. However, individuals can tap these points on both sides if both of their hands are free.
Additional points are:
- The Side of the Hand point (abbreviated SOH) is located at the center of the fleshy part of the outside of your hand (either hand) between the top of the wrist and the base of the baby finger.
- The Gamut Point which is located on the back of the hand, in the soft spot between the base knuckles of the pinky and ring fingers, and an inch toward the wrist.
- Looking at the back of the hand, each finger point is on the side of the finger closest to the body, and aligned with the base of the nail bed. Finger Points include Thumb but not Ring Finger. Tap with one or two fingertips.